Like I said near the Comments form, Rule #1 is Keep it Civil. Here are the rest of the guidelines, which really shouldn’t be needed by anyone following rule #1.
- Email Privacy: Email addresses are required for commenting, and they are not published, nor shared. I may, in rare circumstances, use email to privately contact you.
- Commenter Privacy and Protection: All email, snail mail, phone numbers, and any private and personal information posted in any comment will be deleted as soon as possible to protect the privacy of the commenter. To prevent such editing, never share this private information within the blog comment.
- Language and Manners: I’m not a prude, but comments that are gratuitously offensive or inappropriate will be edited or deleted. Play nice.
- A Comment is Conversation: A comment which does not add to the conversation, runs off on an inappropriate tangent, or kills the conversation may be edited, moved, or deleted.
- Limit Links: This blog is set up to automatically hold any comment with more than two links in moderation, which may delay your comment from appearing. Any comment with more than four links could be marked as comment spam.
- How I Will Respond: I will only respond to you through the comments. I will not (normally) respond privately via email or other communication method to a blog comment.
- What To Do If Your Comment Does Not Appear: I spend a fair number of my waking hours messing with this blog, but not all of them. Sometimes, I get distracted by stuff like work and family. If you leave a comment on this blog and it does not appear in a reasonable time period (usually within a couple of hours), and you know that it does not violate these Comment Policies, contact me: email@example.com.
- No Personal Attack Comments Permitted: . You may dissect my ideas or those of other readers with your rapier wit, but keep the personal attacks to yourself. Failure to respect fellow participants could result in removal and blocked access.
- Spam: Any comment that looks like spam will be deleted and marked as such.
- Commenters Blocked: Anyone who violates this Comments Policy may be blocked from future access and/or commenting.
- All Rights Reserved: Though it almost never happens, I reserve the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments. I also have the right to block access to any one or group from commenting.
- Hold Harmless: All comments within this blog are the responsibility of the commenter, not me. By submitting a comment on our blog, you agree that the comment content is your own, and to hold this site and all subsidiaries and representatives harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability.